AMSI and AustMS/ANZIAM provide funding for mathematical and statistical events. Joint workshop funding rounds provide a streamlined process that only requires one application to request funding from these organisations.
There are three types of funding available:
- Out-of-round funding is available from AMSI and AustMS up to $5000
- In-round funding is available from AMSI and AustMS up to $13,500 depending on the budget of your event
- Major conference funding is available up to $5000 for major international conferences that come to Australia
Funding is available for:
- Large events – total workshop budget greater than $10,000
- Small events – total workshop budget smaller than $10,000 and a funding request to AMSI of $5000 or less
The event should be overwhelmingly research-based, but a research training component is acceptable.
Funding applications accepted
Round One: 1 – 18 June 2018
Round Two: 2 – 18 November 2018
1 August – 1 October 2018
1 December 2017 – 1 May 2018