Professor Stephen Boyd toured Australia as the 2013 AMSI– ANZIAM lecturer, giving specialist seminars, public lectures and a plenary talk at the 57th AustMS Meeting in Sydney.
Stephen Boyd is the Samsung Professor of Engineering and Professor in the Information System Laboratory at Stanford University. He is also a member of the Institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering. His current research focus is on convex optimisation applications in control, signal processing and circuit design.
Tour Dates: 19 September – 30 September
- CVXGEN: A Code Generator for Embedded Convex Optimization
- Convex Optimization: From embedded real-time to large-scale distributed
- Distributed Optimization and Statistical Learning via the Alternating Direction Method of Multipliers
- Dynamic Network Energy Management via Proximal Message Passing
- Performance Bounds and Suboptimal Policies for Multi-Period Investment